Widowhood Is Not Funny

Monday, December 12, 2011

Holiday Heartaches
Being a widow is difficult, especially in the beginning. It’s a 24/7 painful reality. Then you add the holidays. Everything you do, everywhere you go, the memories are there, of better times, familiar times, & happy times. And it hurts, a lot.
For me, Christmas was always my favorite holiday. I spent weeks baking, decorating, crocheting gifts & wrapping. It was a very happy time of the year for me. Until Christmas of 2004, that is. That was the first Christmas holiday without Mel & I was devastated. There was a giant hole in my heart & even Christmas couldn’t fill it.
My daughter, bless her heart, tried to keep up some of the traditions, in an attempt to cheer me up, but it was too soon & I just didn’t have the energy or the heart for it.
It’s been almost eight years since I lost Mel & it’s better now, the pain is less intense, but Christmas is still very difficult. I miss him so much, especially at this time of year.
In Chapter 5 of my book, Widowhood Is Not Funny, I share just how hard my first year of holidays was without my husband. While you never forget past holidays & why would you want to, they do become a bit easier as the years go by. You still miss your husband, but you learn year by year how to deal with the holidays on your own. You’ll make new memories & smile as remember your husband with love.
Widowhood Is Not Funny is now available for all e-readers. Give yourself a gift this holiday season-pick up a copy of my book, then leave me a post & let me know how you’re doing, or contact me at: widow_to_widow@yahoo.com

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home