Widowhood Is Not Funny

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Another Year-A Few More Tears



As of today-February 23rd, it’s been nine years since my husband, Mel, died suddenly of a heart attack. A lot has happened & I’ve learned some very valuable lessons along the way.

I’ve learned how creative I am & I think always was, I just didn’t have the right outlet. I’ve learned how strong I am to do what I’ve had to do. I’ve learned how independent I am & I’m liking that part more & more each day. And I’ve learned much more about myself as a person, as a woman & as a creative soul.

I’ve grown to understand myself & my needs & that I am sufficient unto myself. I don’t need anyone else to complete me. This has been a revelation since I married young, was married a long time & I was never on my own until now.

During this nine years alone, I’ve written a book, moved into my own place, found writing work online on my own, found a way to give back in my community & made lots of wonderful new friends, both online & off. Most importantly, I’ve learned that being alone does not mean being lonely.

So, my advice to other widows out there is to not think of these years since our spouse’s passing as just long, lonely or sad. Think of them as opportunities to increase our knowledge, to make a difference in our world & learn to be our own best friends.

As always, I’m here if you want to talk. Leave me a post or email me at:
widow_to_widow@yahoo.com and let me know how you’re doing.

I hope you'll take a look at my book- Widowhood Is Not Funny.


Don't forget to request my new book- A Widow's Walk -free when you purchase a copy of Widowhood Is Not Funny.

 

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,